We are a team with our clients. Stephens & Margolin LLP has prepared the following forms to inform clients about the legal process, and to gather information to help.
To use the interactive forms, right click on the form with your mouse and download it to your desktop. Once the form is filled out on your desktop, click the “email” button in the top right corner of the first page. If your email account is not associated with Acrobat, you will need to follow the instructions that pop up in order to send the form to our office.
- If you are coming in for general initial consultations must fill out a “New Client Information Sheet.”
- If you are coming in to consult about an existing or potential divorce case, please fill out our “Confidential Divorce Worksheet.”
- If you are coming in to consult about an existing or potential custody case, please fill out our “Confidential Custody Worksheet.”
- If you are coming in to consult about an existing or potential modification case, please fill out our “Modification Worksheet.”
Child support in Oregon is calculated using an online calculator. For a link to the Oregon Child Support Calculator, click here.
Parenting Guidelines During Divorce
Parenting can be challenging at any time, and even more so during divorce. We have prepared a letter containing guidelines for how to parent at your best during divorce, custody, and parenting time cases. Divorce And Custody Parent Guidelines.”“
If your case involves allocating time with children, the court will require that you have a parenting plan. It can be general or detailed, but it must specify the minimum amount of time a child will have with the non-custodial parent. Many clients with children find it helpful to fill out a parenting plan survey to explore different options in sharing children. . “Parenting Plan Worksheet”
Printable Family Law Statutes:
- ORS 107.095 Provisions court may make after commencement of suit and before judgment.
- ORS 107.097 Ex parte temporary custody or parenting time orders; temporary protective order of restraint; hearing.
- ORS 107.102 Parenting plan; content.
- ORS 107.105 Provisions of judgment.
- ORS 107.135 Vacation or modification of judgment.
- ORS 107.137 Factors considered in determining custody of child.
- ORS 109.103 Proceeding to determine custody or support of child.
- ORS 109.119 Rights of person who establishes emotional ties creating child-parent relationship; presumption regarding legal parent.
An Overview of the Divorce Process Overview:
During divorce, it can be hard to see the forest from the trees. To help you see the big picture, and understand the divorce process better, we have prepared a “divorce primer.” A Primer On Divorce In Oregon
In cases involving children, all parents must register for and complete a county specific parenting class.
- Click here for information and registration for the Multnomah County ‘s class called “Parents Helping Children Cope with Family Change”
- Click here for information and registration for the Clackamas County class called “Parent Education Program.”
- Click here for information and registration for the Washington class called “Kids Turn.”
Uninsured Medical Expenses
Parents usually divide unreimbursed or uninsured medical expenses, like co-pays. Use this form to track your uninsured medical expenses for reimbursement. Uninsured-Expense-Reimbursement-Form