In Oregon, paternity may be established for a child born in Oregon, if both parents sign a joint acknowledgment of paternity before a notary public and file it within the Oregon Department of Vital Statistics. If both parents do not agree the father is the legal father, a paternity action can be filed to establish paternity. If the other parent responds and properly objects, genetic testing may be done. If the testing confirms parentage, the court can award child support, and determine custody and parenting time.The lawyers at Stephens & Margolin LLP have successfully represented many clients  in paternity actions. If you need to establish paternity for your child, obtain an enforceable parenting plan, or establish child support, we invite you to contact our office for an appointment.